Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Another Nightmare - Credit Cards

Was reading yw2k blog about how happy he was getting his first credit cards. And with the additional extra credit limit, i am sure our fren is jumping with joy for now. Can understand his behaviour since me too had gone thru that phase b4. Question: Is credit card your friend or your enemy?

For me, during the early times, using the CC is like a friend to you. Things that you like, u don't hve the cash at that moment, CC is your saviour. So you swipe and thinking you will pay when the next paycheck comes in. Next, paycheck came in, you need to pay other stuff, instead of paying the full amount u owe to the bank, decided to just pay the nominal fees. Again, u saw something nice and you will like to have it, there comes your CC as your helpin friend. Swipe! another hundred or two. Same scenarios going repeating itselfs till the day when the bill arrives, you realised you have owe more than you can spent! And thats when the nightmare starts, every month, just paying a nominal sums just to survives, cos obvsiouly by then u have other commitment that you need the money. Then there are times, u didn't even want to see the monthly bills coming in. And thats when the "calls" starts to comes in. I can go on n on n on, i sure those ppl who has gone thru this phases, knows how well this thing works.

I can be upfront with my readers. I am one of the victim. For 4 years i have been a victim to this so-called friendly CC. Something just hit me one day, enough is enough!!. I do not want to be a slave to the CC banks anymore! With all the interest charges and late payment fees incurred, i am practically paying more than i have swip. So I stopped using the cards. Kept the cards in my drawer, didn't bother to carry them in my wallet. Initially was abit tough cos we are so used with the old-habit. Its been 2 years since my last usage with card. And i can proudly say by end of this month, i will finally CLEAR my VISA card to 0.00 amount. And i told myself, no more CC. Now, Cash is my friend, Credit Card is my enemy...........

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2006 3:50 PM , Blogger yw[2k] said...

Exactly... I won't spend what I don't have. Each time after I swipe the card, I remove that portion of money I've juz swiped and move it to another wallet, so that I won't use that money for other things :P

 
At March 29, 2006 3:59 PM , Blogger xPeace05 said...

i really hope you will practice that.....We shall see :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home