Friday, May 05, 2006

Credit Card again

i will never understand how this credit card banks work. When you owe them money, even a very very tiny itsy bitsy teeny weeny amount, they will like call or chase you, depends how you want to interpret it, like there is no tomorrow. Informing you how much you owe them, that you already pass due date for your payment, this and that,......But when u are free from owing them any money, they will change like 360 degree and treat you like a god.

For those of you who have been following my blog since day one, you guys should know how i really really despise this ppl. And that was the reason why i took the initiative to clear my credit card and vow never again to use this particular bank credit card. The encountered wiht this ppl is just too much and left me a very bad impression bout this ppl. Anyway, ever since i have cleared my credit card, to the amount ZERO, i thought that will be it. No more disturbance from them. Oh boy how wrong i was.....

After a month, i received a letter from them, indicating that i have no been using the credit card for some time now (hello??, obviously!!) So to maintain the GOOD RELATIONSHIP between the bank and my goodself ( this is the word they use in thier letter), they have automatically upgrade my credit limit to certain X amount. I was like, whatever, i don't really care. So there goes the letter to the garbage dump. And guess what, that is not the end either. Subsequent days follow, i received a call from the bank call centre, informing me since i am such a loyal customer?!?!? they will like to introduce me some special offers discount and some invitation to whatever party that was held in Zouk. Again, i wasn't interested and decline their offer.

Now, yesterday, when i went back home after my work, again i received another letter from that bank again!!. CAn't these ppl just leave me alone?!?! ..While having my dinner, i decided to open up the letter and see what they have to offer this time. Haha...To my surprise, when i open up the letter, a Gold card in the letter!!! Yeah!! WTF??!!! I proceed to read what is all about. You can really curse these ppl to the max. In hte letter, it says that their system record shows tht i am thier so called loyal customer blah blah blah, will like to maintain the good relationship (again!!, don't they have ny other vocabulary to use!) therefore, they like to upgrade my VISA to a Gold VISA card. Explaining further what i get from having this card, blah blah blah blah....... From that moment, i look at the card, the card look at me. It was like almost 5 mins we were both lookin at each other. Even my rice was getting cold liow... Then only it hit me, Wow!! i got a Gold VISA card. What am i gonna do about it ? Come to think about it, nowadays, every tom dick and harry is carrying a gold card. There issn't just anymore prestige of having one as compare to last time. Ever since the economy downturn in 1997, all credit card bank had reduce thier requirment to owe a CC. Now, all you need is a monthly income of RM2,500, and u can get a Gold card lar.........tiu!!!!!!!!!!!! So, decided to just put back the card into the letter, went into my room and chuck the letter in my drawer. Then i proceed on eaiting my dinner.....hahah... Well, i must say for the 5 mins or also, i was kinda thrill to have one, but now....pigilar main jauh jauh!!..........

1 Comments:

At May 05, 2006 4:15 PM , Blogger yw[2k] said...

Wow... GOLD CARD!

And my ShittyBank application was like f**king rejected twice.

Keep the card for the priviledge but NOTHING else.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home