Thursday, June 22, 2006

Are we doing the right thing?

Third time happened to me having to type half way through the blog and my screen suddenly just went blank!! #$*&#*&@*#!!!!…take a deep breath……exhale………

Anyway, last I mentioned from the “disappearance” blog entry, I have some spare time these morning, since I am the only person in the department, else the rest of my colleague are either on training or on-leave…(yippie!!!) Had a very exciting morning to start off my day. The moment I step into the office, the fire alarm went off and everyone has to assemble at the front garden area. Was not a real fire alarm drill. Do not know what was the caused, neither did I see any smoke coming out from the rooftop while we were standing outside. After 15mins or so, the fire Marshall announced that we can go back into the office. Well, guess was a false alarm. Then,, as usual, boot up my notebook, went down to have my b’fast. The moment I found a place to sit, the fire alarm went off again!!! Aiks!!! What am I gonna do with my rotibakar and milo-kosong-ice?!?!. Me and my friends were like looking at each other likea dump-blonde! Hiak!!! Than the central announcement came out and announce that it was a false alarm….again!!..Phew..at that moment in time, we were like more concern as to what are we gonna do with the food rather than our lives!!! So salah……….

Looking forward for weekend, cause it’s our departmental annual Get-Away day. These year they have decided to go to A-Famosa resort in Malacca. Now, don’t ask me why they decided to go there instead of other places. Looking at the itenary, one of the activity that we are going to do during the trip will be the Night Safari thingy. The only night safari that I went was my last trip to Singapore, and that was like almost 8 years ago. On one hand, I am excited cause this will be my first away-trip gathering in this company, ever since I joined end of last year. On the other side, I am not too thrill about the venue that we are heading. But I guess I just have to look at the bright side and see what is in store. Will definitely blog about that when I back.

We are in our 3rd week of doing the Bjam new releases. Have been getting lots of feedback from members on this round of release. Majority are saying is not one of their favourites and infact some of the members have already started to request the instructor to change tracks or even asking when we are going to teach the new block. This is something I really felt not comfortable about. I don’t know about other instructors or even instructors that already started to teach the new blocks (which I have heard from the grapevine they did). But in my opinion, I don’t think we, as instructors should succumb to members demand or request. To me, I felt the new release is one of the toughest todate interms of getting the choreo rights. And now we are only like 3rd weeks and we have to change inorder to accommodate the members liking? Hmm…don’t u think something is not right here? Not like they have already master the choreo whether we are referring to the armlines or the foot-work, and yet members are already getting bored with the tracks. Where went wrong? Are we, the instructors really showing the right movements and the right way of getting the full satisfaction from the dance move? And why some instructors are so keen on changing tracks or even starting the new blocks when it is clearly stated that we can only start teaching the new blocks after the 3rd week or so. That is also if u felt is time to change. During the early days when I am still a member and a Bjam freak. I don’t see the instructors changing tracks so early. And yet we still enjoy doing those track for like amonth or so. To me, we as the instructor, have to really educate the members as to how to get the right way inorder to experience the full dance feeling in every releases. How to immerse oneself into the dance movement and music. And this is what I am not seeing in the members for this release. And since members can’t really feel the music or the movement, there is no fun in it. And when there is no fun, that’s when members feel is time to change to something else. Having said this, are we doing the right thing here? To change as per member request, or to educate the members and do the right thing?

3 Comments:

At June 23, 2006 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe, I feel about the same as you do. It's just the 3rd week and I'm just warming up to the release but members are already enquiring about when we can start teaching the additional block and requesting for songs for when we start doing mix tracks.

I still feel so salah doing some of the moves, but members tell me they are kinda bored and looking forward to something different. I get pretty stressed out at times when members do this because I can't be rude to them and tell them that they can't even get the moves right yet and lagi mau demand from us, but at the same time, I can understand their frustration.

I guess some releases can be really exciting to learn, but some can turn out to be a bit mild. I think the most important thing is the choice of songs, because technique-wise, BJam is getting harder and harder!

 
At June 23, 2006 10:53 AM , Blogger xPeace05 said...

eooowww, another person has spot my blog! hahah..welcome darling azyei. Guess i have to watch what i am writing now...heheh...

Back to your comment. I don't mind if the choreo is getting harder to master, is the matter of whether the members see and feel what we do. Members nowadays can be very very ignorant....

 
At June 23, 2006 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... till today, my members still love doing Tamale wif me =)and didn't have anybedi requesting to mix tracks.. maybe not yet... as for the instructors/ rules, if u think of it carefully, its not really the members, but its the 'instructors' who creates the 'boring' phenomenon... if some are already mixing tracks while they are not suppose to, then problem lah... and the one who gave out the rules oso cudn careless.. wut to do.. stick to wut we love... and lure the fascination to the members... jus smile, giggle a bit, and walk away =)

we cant stop these 'un-educated' instructors who always like to the break the rules... hero la tu konon...

well, this sunday get to do Jazz rock already!!! Yippee... will, will i, will i be famous???? nahhhh... i dun tink so... hiak!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home