Friday, January 13, 2006

First Class Structure, Third Class Mentality

Finally!! Didn't know is Friday the 13th today until i hear it from the radio on my way to work this afternoon. You must be wondering why did i start my blog today with the word "finally". Well, very obvious, my day didn't start off well as i plan to be. Started my notebook, realised i can't even key-in my entry due to the explorer acting up. I was for a moment thought, "oh no!!! no more bloggin for me?!?!" hahah...managed to find a work around and reinstall the latest version of explorer. Voila!! back to my bloggin...yippieee...

Ok. Need to blog something that i encountered this morning. Went to the one of the reputable bank to do some banking. Want to request a statement of account for the past 3 months. Did the same request with another bank couple of weeks back and it was very swift and efficient. But gawd knows why with this bank, and is the one of the famous local bank in malaysia! it was a totally opposite different scenario alltogether (that is what make me so surprised and dissapointed with thier services). Below is the conversation that what transpired between me and the officer in the bank.....

Me : Hi, good morning. Would like to request to have a copy of my statement of account, back dated 3 months.
Officer : Oh? Statement of Account? 3 Months?
Me : eeerr, yes....
Officer : Oh, you need to fill-up this form and it will not be immediately yeah.
Me: Sorry? not immediately? meaning?
Officer : Oh, since you are requesting 3 months transaction, we need time to print out and it will only be available 1 workin day. You can come back tmrw to collect the statement.
(WTF!!)
Me : Oh....if thats the case, can i have atleast 1 month transaction?
Officer : oh, 1 month? ok.. you can, but u need to pay yeah ?
Me : sure...no problem.
Officer : ok, just fill-up the form and go to 1st floor Statement counter they will help you.
(the previous bank that i go to do not required me to fill-up any form btw)

So, i fill-up the form as required and move up to the 1st floor. Went to the so-called Statement counter, and here is wht transpired

Me: hi, would like to print my statement of account. (and i show her my account number)
Officer : Oh, this account number is not from here. You need to go your home branch to request.
(at this juncture i was already pissed! arent their system centralised? arent now data are centralised)
Me : Huh ? issit? can't you just access the data from here?
Officer : oh no, we can't. You have to go to your home branch and get the statement from there.
(at this moment, i already kinda give-up and didn't wanan bother anymore)
Officer : Are you an e-account holder?
Me : U mean xxxxx2u.com.my ? Yeah i am.
Officer : oh you can actually print your statement from there.
Me: Oh really ? u mean i can print my statment from the internet.....
(at this point, i felt there was a slight hope with this bank afterall)
Officer : yeah, u can try.....
Me: oh tx. i will sure do...Thank you ...

So i walk out from the counter and head str8 down..And before i walk out from the premises, something tells me i need to double-reconfirm with that officer regarding printing statment thru internet. So i went back to the first officer and told her what was told to me by the other officer and guess what guys.............

Me : oh, sorry to bother you again, just want to confirm that i can actually print my statement thru your bank e-banking website?
officer : huh? who told you that?
Me: the officer upstairs says so....
Officer : ohh....no lar....You kenot print. But only view the transaction only lar.......

(FORGET IT!!! i had enuf!!! i just told the officer, is ok nvm...and off i dash out from the premises!!....)

I have yet to try to print my statement thru the internet, will try after this. But after goin thru this experience, now i understand the term, first class structure, but third class mentality......Malaysia really boleh!!

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2006 10:20 AM , Blogger yw[2k] said...

If you can view it, I'm pretty sure you can print it :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home